Where: Brooklyn, NY
When: June 14 – 15, 2014
- Team safety – injury prevention
- Basic stroke mechanics – coaching strategies
- Identification of your coaching style
- Ability to create & utilize team mission and goal statements
- Design team season and practice plans
- Learn to capture and use video as a coaching tool
- Develop “critical eye”
- Develop a race day plan
This course is designed to benefit dragon boat coaches of crews from novice to competitive.
It will be led by Connie Flesuras, former TEAM USA coach, active member of Wasabi Paddling Club and founder of Dragon Boat Training.
*This course will serve as the classroom component for USDBF Coaching Core Certification. Core Certification will require successful completion of additional follow-up work for assessment, which will be made available to class participants post-course.
For further details, visit: http://usdbf.org/about_us/courses