The few teams that practice through the winter may maintain their current schedules for now.
Revenue totals from 2014, including volunteer points, are still being calculated and will be sent to interested parties soon. Our scheduling rules are currently under review, but for reference, are posted below:
- Teams must be current in their accounts with DSUSA or have made arrangements for payment of outstanding balances with the treasurer.
- Teams are ranked in order of highest to lowest revenue based on boat rentals, registration in the Portland Race, and volunteer service points.
- Volunteer service is valued at $5 for each point. Each point roughly corresponds to one hour of volunteer service.
- The team with the highest revenue is allowed to choose practice days and times followed by all other teams in descending order.
- Teams may pick up to two boats for one hour each per practice time during peak practice times; teams may also pick up to two boats for up to two hours on the weekends and during non-peak practice times.
- High School Teams that receive grants from DSUSA will receive credit for practices scheduled using grant funds (max. $1500) in addition to actual revenue received/points accrued in determining their revenue rankings.