Most volunteers will be walking to the areas needing to be cleaned up. Once there, the trash is gathered into piles then placed into one of several chase boats we are using to help move the trash to our collection point at the Fire Boat Dock.
Our current clean-up plan is as follows:
(1) Members of the Golden Dragons will meet at 9:00 am to paddle or walk to clean up the East Bank of the Holgate Channel,
(2) Members of Wasabi will also meet at 9:00 a.m. to paddle to clean up Ross Island.
(3) Members of all other DragonSports teams will gather near the Fire Boat Dock at 10:00 am and will walk to the clean-up areas on the East Bank between the Hawthorne and Steel Bridges. There are two homeless camps near the Steel Bridge that may or may not be abandoned by the time we get there on Saturday. If still occupied, we will avoid these encampments.
(4) A couple of DragonSports members may be needed to help get the trash from the shore to the chase boats. Please bring waders or wear shoes and gear that you don't mind getting wet and muddy if you would like to volunteer for this task (there is no separate sign-up).
(5) Members from Pink Phoenix and Amazon Dragons will be cleaning the West Bank from the Hawthorne Bridge to SW Montgomery the following weekend, on October 6.
SOLVE will furnish gloves, pick-up wands, vests, and waivers. Lunch will be provided after the cleanup, scheduled to go until 1:00, but may be done as early as noon.